14.2.08

My Sweetest Downfall

Valentines Day, whether you like it or not, is upon us. Maybe you're getting love, maybe you're getting lonely, at the very least you get to see a softer side of Gee Wizz! Here is one of my favourite songs ever, courtesy of the adorable Russian doll/songbird Regina Spektor.

When I was about 5 years old I used to go stay with my uncle and auntie and watch on repeat their taped copy of the 1949 version of the story Samson and Delilah (I was quite odd). Samson was so awesome and Delilah was such a bitch! How could he resist her oh so devilish charm! Oh, his sweetest downfall. Fast forward to just before now and Reggie Spek puts a personal spin on the tale, something that could only be described as perfect.

Regina Spektor - Samson

And just for good measure, the ultimate tale of the perfect girlfriend (also known as Alyssa Milano circa 1998), from none other but The Teenagers' (and 11 year old me's) favourite band, Blink 182. Where the fuck are you Josie??!?!

Blink 182 - Josie

No comments: